For the ideal iced filter coffee, follow the simple guide below!
You'll need a pour over kit, and some scales. This brews a large 1L serving, just scale it down for smaller volumes, keeping the ratio the same.
- 65g coffee beans - light juicy coffees, such as east Africans are our favourite!
- 400g fresh ice, plus more to serve
- 600ml fresh filtered water
- Grind your coffee, ever so slightly finer than you would ordinarily for filter coffee (or order our coffee ground!).
- Boil the water, and whilst boiling pack the 400g ice into your decanter. Rinse the paper filter under the cold tap, and add coffee. Set onto the scales.
- Pour 130g water, making sure to wet as much coffee as you can, and allow coffee to bloom for 30-45 seconds.
- Taking your time, pour over 470ml water. Aim to have this added in 30s.
- Pour remaining 400ml in 30s.
- Gently stir the coffee, swirl the filter cone, and allow to drip through.
- Once all the coffee has dripped into the decanter, swirl thoroughly to completely melt the ice.
- Serve in a glass over fresh ice, and enjoy!